Friday, January 11, 2013

Ear Infection

So the other day, we were at the ER for what I feared was the flu in Sun 1. Once there, we were assured that no, it is a raging ear infection that is to blame. Good enough for me!

Home we come with amoxicillin, a note for school the next day, and analgesics in tow.

A side note on Sun 1.  He loves school. He loves his teacher. He loves his friends. He loves being there in the middle of everything.

Well, the following morning, he is up and dressed before I even managed to stumble to the Keurig. He assures me he is well enough for school and proceeds to put on his backpack, feed his dogs, and sit down by the garage door to wait. In other words, I am not getting out of the house without him and he would be getting off at the school stop!

So I drug him up with Motrin and a note for the all-too-awesome school secretary who said she would give him another dose of Tylenol in four hours.

All was well right up till the end of school. That baby sun came home from school feeling beyond puny, took a shower, and went straight to bed. Well, he agreed to stay home today (Friday) until he remembered it was Library Day for his class.

On a hunch, I flipped open my Amish Cookbook and found a recipe for ear infection treatment!!  So I combined the olive oil and fresh garlic, let it steep for a few hours, strained out the garlic, and warmed up a few drops and put it in Sun 1's affected ear.

THIS MORNING SUN 1 WAS A NEW CHILD. NO FEVER. NO PAIN IN THE EAR. NO NOTHING, HE WAS JUST RARING TO GO.

Thank you, Amish ear salve treatment.  IT DID THE TRICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me or anyone in the family a comment, we would love to hear from YOU!