Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Goodbye yellow brick Drill Sergeant ... or something.

Okay, it's too early to think up a fun and snappy title. Yesterday was Drill Sergeant Hubby's last day on what they call "The Trail". He hung in there long enough to phase them over to white phase, which means the PVTS re doing as well as can be expected and moving up, one step closer to graduation. He even left his hat on his desk in his office.

Here we are now, almost 6 am the following day and he is already gone again. This time though, I'm going too, at least as soon as the kids are in school. Today is the day of his knee surgery for a possible fracture in his kneecap or something and a complete lack of cartilage. It happens even before I can get everyone off to school, but I'll be there when he wakes up.

As for now, I promised my little Moon Princess that I'd make her some more awesome Amish cinnamon rolls and those suckers take awhile for us lay folk!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hope he's recovering painlessly (though how that could be, I don't know)!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me or anyone in the family a comment, we would love to hear from YOU!