Saturday, April 18, 2015

WeWriWa - April 19, 2015 - Missi Wanderin' in the Woods

Welcome back to this week's eight sentence snippet from my forthcoming memoir, Missi Wanderin' in the Woods. Without further ado, let's jump right back into the mix and see what is going on in the Army clinic that drew the MPs on the run . . . and see why in the world I followed them inside. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The MPs stepped to the side, like something out of a movie, revealing my husband standing between them.
“Is this your wife?” one of the burly officers barked.
Charlie nodded and stepped beside me, but the Military Police officers just stared at us - unmoving. “Are we leaving?” I asked, feeling as though I’d walked into a group where the punchline of a joke had just been delivered.
Charlie just put one hand on the small of my back and began guiding me toward the door with the MPs following us closely.
I kept my voice at a whisper, acutely aware that all eyes in the clinic were fixed on us. “Charlie, what is going on?”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To see my other blogs for this week, click here for my snippet from A Heart on Hold, my debut novel, and click here for a snippet from my forthcoming Amish novel, Old Amarillo

8 comments:

  1. And what happens next asks the reader. A perfect ending to a mysterious snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I cant wait to find out what happens next. I liked the line about feeling as if she'd just missed a punchline, perfect analogy and even more effective because obviously this episode is far from a joke...well done excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica! I'm glad you stopped by <3

      Delete
  3. Yes, Charlie, what's going on? :) Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denisea! What is that soldier boy up to? :-)

      Delete
  4. You've got me wondering what's going on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good deal! Thank you for stopping by, Ed!

      Delete

Leave me or anyone in the family a comment, we would love to hear from YOU!