Monday, November 25, 2013

Awesome Author Christine Steendam!

Welcome Romance author Christine Steendam today!



Thank you Sara for hosting me on your blog today.

Unforgiving Plains is quite different from your first novel, Heart Like an Ocean. How did this contemporary story come about?

Unforgiving Plains was one of those books that was born from pure inspiration. I didn't have to think about the characters or the story, it just came to me. And once it came it wouldn't leave me alone until I finished it.

I understand that!! Hey, what is your favorite scene in the book? Is it the cattle round up scene? (That's my favorite!)

I've always wanted to take part in a cattle round up. My fascination with the event probably started after watching The Man From Snowy River umpteen times as a kid. So, when I was invited to ride on one I packed up my truck and drove to Alberta. We round up over three hundred head of cattle that morning, driving them across acres of land on horseback.

That must have been amazing! I am a bit jealous!

It was definitely the experience of a lifetime. And after that Vince and Rayna wouldn't leave me alone.

Tell me about Fieldstone Ranch. Is it a real place?

Fieldstone ranch was, in part, based on the ranch I went on the round up for. The drive up through rolling hills and bounding antelope through the fields are real as is the town of Foremost--though the characters are not.

Tell me, will Vince and Rayna's story continue?

I loved writing this story. It was a new experience for me to write a place and time that you could actually jump in the car and drive to. I will definitely be writing more contemporary romance books with a similar feel to Unforgiving Plains, but as for Vince and Rayna I think their story is done.

Thanks for visiting today Christine! Would you mind telling the blog readers a bit about yourself and your work?

I write historical and contemporary romance that is mixed with a little adventure. Stop by and say hey on Facebook, Twitter or Email me at kcsteendam(at)gmail(dot)com. I’d love to hear from you.


Contact Christine here!

Http://www.facebook.com/authorchristine.s
Http://www.twitter.com/chrissteen1991
Http://www.christinesteendam.com



Heart Like an Ocean:
http://getbook.at/heartlikeanocean
Unforgiving Plains:
http://getbook.at/unforgivingplains




About Christine Steendam



Christine started writing when she could put pen to paper and form words. Now, many years later, not much has changed. Her stories are romances that you can relate to with a little bit of adventure mixed in. She enjoys writing flawed but loveable characters and more often than not a horse or two will find their way in as well.

Christine makes her home in Manitoba, Canada on a sprawling 15 acre ranch with her sons, husband, and many animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me or anyone in the family a comment, we would love to hear from YOU!